2022年5月17日 星期二

 Assignment #4 Steve Jobs’ 2005 Standford Commencement Address

1.How did the talk affect you?

I think the biggest takeaway from this speech is that if you want to do anything, you must do it actively and bravely, and do not leave any regrets.

2.How does this talk catch the listeners’ attention (or does it all)?

The speaker told us about his experience with 3 stories.

3.Has the talk changed your mind about something? If so, explain how.

I think this speech has really changed a lot of my thinking, because I am usually a person who is not very active in doing things, but after listening to the speaker's personal experience with cancer, I realized that life is limited, and I have to be active. Do the things you love so that you can be happier and do things better.

4. Has the talk left you with any questions?

How to keep doing what you love after undergoing so many failures?

5. Does the talk relate to anything from your past life experiences?

In the first story shared by the speaker, I actually feel the same way, because I didn't get admitted to the department I am interested in (Department of English Instruction), so I am not really interested in the department I am studying now. But the difference is that I don't have the courage to leave the school like him and go to other schools to choose classes that I am interested in , so I think it's a bit similar to me but not the same, Therefore, I admire Steve Jobs.

6.Does the talk agree with any of your past life experiences?

He said: Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. I quite agree with this, and I also think it’s good to be yourself in everything, don’t care what others think.






1 則留言:

  1. Dennis, if you're interested in teaching English, you can consider being a part-time teacher, teaching kids English. Getting a master degree in TESOL can be possible too. It's never too late.

    回覆刪除

  Assignment #4 Steve Jobs’ 2005 Standford Commencement Address 1.How did the talk affect you? I think the biggest takeaway from this speech...